We maintain the largest public database of UK food banks, and the items they are requesting to have donated.
This service allows to to get access to this data over HTTPS in JSON, GeoJSON, XML or YAML.
Our data is used by governments, councils, universities, supermarkets, political parties, the NHS, food manufacturers, hundreds of national & local news websites, apps & the Trussell Trust.View Documentation ➔
Do good with the data, and credit us with a link when you use it.
- If you display a food bank's details then also, if possible, link to them.
- Lists of items requested should be regarded as a hint rather than perscriptive definition of what's required. If you display what a food bank needs donating, if possible, link to their shopping list URL. There is often nuance to their request that a simple list of items doesn't cover.
- Don't modify lists of items needed, including reordering them.
- Keep the information up to date. This data changes multiple times per day with updates to locations, contact information, closures and food bank needs.
- Do not bulk email the email addresses returned by this API.
- We define a food bank as the organisation.
- A food bank has one or more locations.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're going to launch something using our data. We'll be more than happy to help with any technical questions & optimisations, PR and to ensure that we're all helping food banks as effectively as possible.